Our Practice list is open to people who live in the Grangetown, Riverside, Butetown, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff Bay and Cardiff City Centre areas.
Please ring the Surgery or call into reception when the Surgery is open to enquire about registration.
We register patients who live in our Practice area which is: Leckwith Road, Wellington Street, Cowbridge Road East, Castle Street, Queen Street, Churchill Way, Bute Terrace, Bute Street, Herbert Street, Tyndall Street, Schooner Way, Bute Street, New George Street, Stuart Butetown Link, Grangetown Link(A4232).
You can register by:
- bringing along your NHS medical card or letter.
- We will require your NHS Number if you have been previously been registered with another GP.
- Proof of Address in your name within last two months.
- birth certificate, passport or photo driver’s licence.
- Children under 7 years old we will require to see thier Red Book or up to date list of childhood immunisations.
Once you have been accepted as a patient, your medical records will be transferred to the Practice and you’ll be sent a new medical card.
Your medical records may take several weeks to arrive at the Practice.
Download the forms
You can also sign up to our On-Line routine afternoon doctors appointment booking & repeat prescription service (MHOL) click here for more detail: mhol-info
In accordance with Health Board recommendations, all new patients should present two forms of identification which proves residency and authenticates their identity. This is required to reduce and prevent fraudulent attempts to obtain or misuse NHS care. Overseas visitors may be asked for additional information to prove NHS entitlement.
One form of identity must ideally be photographic such as:
- Drivers Licence
- Official ID card from Public Services body
- Student matriculation card (current year)
Other documents for prove of residency that are acceptable are:
- Recent utility bill (within last 3 months)
- Council Tax document
- Television Licence
- Payslips (last two months)
- Rent book/agreement (Public Body or Private Landlord)
- Bank Statement (Name and address section only required)
- Solicitors Letter- (Clearly showing name and address)
If unable to provide photographic evidence then you must present one of the above and one of the following:-
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate
- Divorce/Annulment Papers.
N.B. The above list is not exhaustive and staff are entitled to ask for further proof if required. Please note you will not be registered with the practice if you cannot provide the documents required to prove NHS eligibility. If you have been previously registered at another doctors surgery we will require your NHS Number.